Pages

Black River Orchard by Chuck Wendig

~ This book had been on my to read list for the longest time and yet, I forgot about it until I stumbled across it on Amazon.  This is also one of the heftiest books that I've read in a long time.  I usually try to stay away from long books, just prefer shorter reads but I figured that I would give this one a chance.  I'm so glad that I did.  It's an amazing read and goes much quicker than I imagined because it was full of mystery, intrigue, and can't look away type of horror.  

If you like any type of story with poisoned or evil apples and orchards, then you will love this book.  Imagine a dark red almost black apple skin that goes by the name harrowsblack or ruby slipper. Also, it was interesting to learn about apples, particularly vintage or ancient apples that were grown hundreds of years ago and are still around today.  Not the same trees (obviously) but the same apples that you can find at farmer's markets and small growers.





No comments:

Post a Comment