Pages

Partial Mastectomy

~ Well, the surgery went well and I'm so full of gratitude to be here and to be able to type this blog post.  I probably sound a bit dramatic but I was really worried going into surgery.  Never been a fan of general anesthesia but it was all good.  The last thing I remember was the surgeon talking to me and me answering while realizing that my speech was slurring..lol.  The next thing I know, someone is saying my name, telling me that everything is done.  Things were hazy but I eventually caught on and was so relieved that I made it out of surgery. The entire medical staff were so kind and reassuring, I can't thank them enough for making me feel comfortable the whole time that I was there.

I have a long scar across my left breast but I expected that, so no shock there.  Now, I'm just recuperating at home.  I have a follow up appt in early February and hopefully the news will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment